Friday, June 24, 2016

He promised!

I was hurt, sad and angry. So much so that I didn't want to pray. 
The experience that follows illustrates how the scripture in Matthew really works. "Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.." 

Gratefully, I opened my scriptures and started to read. 3 Nephi 18:7 "...and if ye do always remember me ye shall have my Spirit to be with you."

I definitely wasn't thinking about Christ, I was totally thinking about myself and I definitely wasn't feeling the Spirit just then. Pretty sure those emotions weren't fruits of the Spirit. 

I read those words in a way that I had never considered before. Christ really meant what He said. If I would ALWAYS remember Him, I could  ALWAYS have His Spirit with me. That means He can heal my hurting heart and He can help this anger go away. 

As I read and pondered and wrote, I was able to experience this. He really did take away the anger and replace it with love. He really did help me to forgive. 

There really is power in the word to heal the wounded soul. Christ and His Prophets really mean exactly what they say. When we turn to Christ through prayer and scripture study, we become clay in the Potters hands and He can begin to make something greater with us than we can imagine. Plus, we experience peace!

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths"

It's for real. His promises are sure. 

No comments: