Sunday, January 24, 2016

i felt singled out.

honestly, i'm not used that...to being singled out.  i have felt very comfortable sitting on my pew surrounded by whoever (depending on the meeting) and feeling like i was a part of the group.

i'm used to hearing phrases like, "Christ suffered and died for you" and i felt like it was personal for me and for everyone else.  it's hard to put words to it and yet it seemed like it was a universal phrase and when i had thought of personal for everyone it made it not so personal.

but there i was, sitting next to Zach during the adult session of stake conference and listening to the Mission President in our area speak.

when he was sharing his thoughts and testimony about the Atonement, he said, "Christ felt what only you have felt"

geez.  writing those words makes me teary all over again.  i'm not kidding.  i felt like the only person in the room.  i felt like the atonement went to a new level just then.

all the tears i've shed and all the times my thoughts raced with anger, guilt, sorrow, and grief to a degree that surprised me, i was never alone.  Christ knew how i felt.  He knows.  He knows what was in my heart all those lonely and sad times.  i am completely humbled to type this.  i felt such a love and gratitude wash over me and i knew what this wonderful Mission President said was true.

i felt singled out and i am so, so grateful.

1 comment:

lindsi said...

Wow! Love this insight Becca. Thank you for sharing. I am going to take this thought with me this week. I will need it. Perfect timing.