Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

Dear Grandpa,  
Happy 91st Birthday!  That is a huge accomplishment!  You've lived such a wonderful and admirable life!  Age is not the only thing you've accomplished though.  You have a wonderful family who looks to you as their Patriarch.  You have lead us to cherish family, hard work, look to the Savior, His Prophet and to the scriptures.
When I read your Christmas letter this year I was reminded yet again that I need to never let a day go by without opening up my scriptures and reading them.  I knew as I read your letter that I was missing out on much needed blessings.  I made a promise to myself that this year I would never miss a day.  I haven't missed one since I read your letter.
Thank you Grandpa for your example of great faith.  I know you miss Grandma terribly.  I also know that you have held to your faith that you will be with her again.
You and Grandma made a wonderful impact on me and have influenced the way I understand what a good marriage is.  I watched and enjoyed very much your interactions with Grandma.  I knew as a young girl that you loved her, valued her and she, you.  I loved watching you dance, laugh and work together.  You two are a wonderful team.  With you on one side of the veil and her on the other.  Both of you have loved and watched over your family.  We have felt that love from both of you.  
When you join Grandma one day, I will miss you.  I will miss your hugs and your sweet hello with a smile and genuine concern for me.  I have always felt that I was special to you.  I know I am not the only one who feels that way either.  Yes, I will miss you when you go.  I also know that you will be watching over us and we will see each other soon.  I love you Grandpa.
I hope that you feel of the great love and gratitude your family has for you.  
With all my love and thanks for the life you've chosen to live,
Becca :)

No comments: