Tuesday, September 17, 2019

What I learned from my Bucket list year

My dream came true last September when Zach sent me to a hotel for my birthday.  I ordered takeout, took a bath, read a book, actually two.
It was a great kick off for the next year.  I decided that I would make a list of things I wanted to do that year.  38 to be exact.  It was one of my better ideas.


You see, I have six kids, ages 14 down to 2.  We home school. Life is full. So full, I forget I have one. ...most days.
My husband hunts.  Every fall, I would have some type of emotional breakdown.  He would say something a long the lines of, "you should do something for yourself".  I would continue to cry and say something a long the lines of, "I don't know what I like."

So, I decided to make a list of things I would like to try and call it a bucket list.

On that list were things like, go for a bike ride with friends, try mountain biking, start a moms outdoor adventure group.

Read so many books a loud to my kids.

Learn how to make sushi and try new recipes, some foreign.

Take family pictures twice.

Have way more girls weekends.

Go to the Temple more.

And take my kids.

Try new things. Thanks Dave!


Go on a road trip!  Visit Bryce Canyon.


Do a ropes course!

Take my family on more outings and adventures.


Visit a hot springs. (yep, I never have before)

Laugh more.



Do a family service project.

Learn how to play pickle ball.

Thanks Dave!



Say yes to things that are outside my comfort zone.

Learn how to shoot guns...and actually hit something.
Thanks Zach!



Go backpacking for more than one night. (So fun!)
Eat better.  Complete a mom bod course.

Go hiking more.
Stay in a yurt...in the winter.

I didn't do everything on my list and I'm totally okay with that.  I am so happy with what I did do.  I have done more for myself and tried more new things this year than I ever have in one year.  
Here's what I learned: my husband rocks!  He is so supportive, I cry thinking about it. 
I really like people.
I really like the outdoors.
I really like reading.
I really like laughing.
I really like using my muscles.
I really like the Temple.
My kids really like to see me do things and it's good for them.
If you plan it and involve others, it will happen.
Other people want to do things too, talk about it and you'll be surprised at the adventures that follow.
I really love My Father in Heaven for granting me 38 years of this beautiful life.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Way to go Becca! I’m so proud of you and inspired by you. What a shining light you are to be. It was my absolute pleasure to join you on of few of your adventures. Thanks for including me. I adore you so much. Let’s go out and play!

Amy said...

*light you are to me