Monday, July 15, 2013

Here I am again.

wow.  it is so hard for me to believe that in one month, two years has passed since i walked the hospital halls with such an aching heart.  as i walked in, carrying my precious baby inside me, that i would soon walk out with empty arms.

the tears have been flowing the last few days & i haven't been able to figure out why.  and then i realize, here i am again.  grieving.

its a good thing though.  it's good to be able to sit & write.

it is interesting to me, even though i was told it would be this way, that i cry, i ache, i wonder how life would be if we had sweet Lily here.

she would be two.  two?  an adorable two year old.  i know she would be adorable because my kids are. :)

two years & one month ago, i went into the hospital knowing our little angel was gone.  i was so, so sad.  talk about an experience i never planned on having.

to revisit these experiences & memories is hard.

what comes with it though is humbling.  i can see more clearly now than i did then.  i can see how our Heavenly Father helped us through.  i can feel that my faith in his plan is so much stronger.

the lessons i learned during that time have been such a blessing.  i know my Heavenly Father loves me.

now we hold Reddick.  he brought a lot of things with him.  he brought peace. he brought love.  he brought hope.  he brought Lily closer to our home than she was before.  i feel like he knows her.  i know he does.  i feel her nearer to our family than i did before.  i talk to her sometimes.  i know she hears me.  i know he talks to her too.

honestly i didn't really feel her before.  this was super hard for me.  i felt like maybe i wasn't spiritual enough & that maybe i was doing something wrong.  but, somethings can't be forced.  i had to ride on faith & know the things I believed were true.  i believed she was watching over our family & she was always near & that she loved me.  i guess i felt that sometimes & didn't realize it was her.

he did not replace her because she is Lily & he is Reddick.  but it sure is wonderful to hold him.  when i do, i feel so grateful.  i miss her & i do wish i had this time with her as well.  even though i feel that way, i know that all our losses will be made up.  they will.  i don't know exactly how, but i have faith that they will.

Lily is a part of our family.  we do a family cheer after prayer & her name is a part of it.  her pictures hang in our family room too.

when i look at Reddick, i wonder what he'd tell me.  in fact, i think he is telling me things & i just don't understand.

my heart still hurts.  i never will be the same.  life feels like never ending circles sometimes.  especially now because here i am again.


i love that Angel child of mine.  Lily Rebecca Nielson.

1 comment:

Chantel said...

I'm so sorry. I wish your sweet little Lily was here with you as well and I agree, your kids are adorable.