Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sometimes I forget

sometimes i forget what i've learned.

the other day i was offended.  hurt.  wishing someone close to me would handle their trials differently.  i was griping about it.

thankfully though, as we talked, i remembered.  i remembered what it was like to not be able to think about anything else other than my own troubles.  i needed others to be patient with me.  if they weren't, i honestly did not have it in me to do anything about it.

i'm sure i hurt people close to me without even recognizing it.  i might never know about it.  i hope they forgave me.

remembering how i felt when going through a very, very hard time helped me to want to be more understanding.

we don't all handle things the same.  we can't read each others minds.  we can't know their full story because it isn't ours.

i remember not even understanding myself.  i remember thinking "only the Lord knows".  that is true for them too i bet.  they might not understand themselves either, but the Lord knows what is in their heart.  i can pray to know how to help them.

i felt a little embarrassed when i realized this during my gripe conversation.  how quickly we can forget such valuable things we've learned.  i was glad the conversation at least ended up lifting us both up and not bringing us further down than we were.

i'm glad that the Spirit is willing to tutor me and help me remember.

just needed to jot this down.  i really don't want to forget.

1 comment:

Chantel said...

You always write such great posts. I enjoy reading them.